Thursday, January 12, 2012

Recipe: Trader Joes frozen langostinos tails


I have been looking at Trader Joes frozen langostinos tails for quite a while. Never hearing of them before, I did a little research before deciding to buy them (they’re $9.99 for a little bag, a high ticket item at Trader Joes!), and the word langostino apparently means “prawn” according to a buddy from work. I’m glad I finally decided to get them!

I love lobster and I love shrimp – these little guys tasted like a marriage of the 2.

What you need:

½ a bag of Trader Joes frozen Langostinos
½ a tbsp of butter
A handful of fresh parsley
¼ cup of low sodium vegetable broth
1 piece of garlic, chopped
Mixed greens

  Steps!
1)      Heat up your broth & butter on the stove, add garlic. Cook it until your apartment smells like it would scare away vampires.
2)      Throw in half your parsley.
3)      Add the langostinos to the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes.
4)      Taste one. Do you like the texture? If not, cook them a bit longer.
5)      Add to a plate of mixed greens, using the leftover liquid as dressing. Top with remaining parsley.
6)      Enjoy!

This morning I tried out my new juicer!! I used spinach, parsley, a green apple, cucumber and drank it on ice. It was crazy refreshing and I can’t wait to make more. 2 complaints about juicing:

Why do you only get a little bit of juice for a whole lot of produce?
I feel like I’m wasting the pulp!! Are there any uses for this?

Have a good night everyone! I have a work party tonight, so tomorrow might be rough – thank god I have a juicer now!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my golly, I'm so envious! Trader Joe's has such amazing things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delicious!!! i dip my prawns in ketchup! but since you read my blog, you probably know that i dip everything in ketchup. haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out the blog choosingraw.com for her juice pulp recipes...she makes a lot of stuff with juice pulp.

    Also, I agree that the amount of vegetables to juice ratio is pretty depressing.

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.