So why have i been failing at posting regularly? 2 reasons:
- My camera went through the washing machine over the holidays and I have been using my blackberry camera to upload pictures. I am very irresponsible with electronics.
- I have been very busy at work - I am in the running for a new opportunity came up and have been staying late / not sleeping because of the pressure I have been putting on myself.
I work at a great company now and really love it. I am welcoming to new challenges, but sometimes I find myself lacking confidence. I found this diagram below online and can definitely relate to the "am I good enough?" and "can I do it?" feelings.
![]() |
| source - http://ypblogspot.com/womenconfidenceissues/ |
How do you find 'calm-fidence'?

Sounds like you have a high pressure job! I'm no good under pressure whatsoever. I really struggle with self-confidence... have done since I was very young. These days, my trick is to put things in perspective... as in, is the world really going to end if _______ doesn't happen? Or the similar. Having a kid has totally changed my outlook though ;)
ReplyDeletei breathe in and out and i remember that they hired me for a reason. i suffer from major anxiety and so i constantly feel like i'm not enough. sometimes i just have to try and see myself through other's eyes. i find that they are much more forgiving than my own!
ReplyDeleteYikes I can't believe your camera went through the washing machine :( poor you! Poor camera!
ReplyDeleteGood luck for your opportunity at work. I think it's great when women prioritize career - even in modern times I find there are too many girls that say they're prioritizing their careers but they just drop it all as soon as a guy comes along, as if that's what they were REALLY wanting all this time. We gotta represent!
I understand completely. Good luck with the new opportunity! I tend to stress out over everything. Making sure I get in my runs or some type of exercise helps. Also, I always take at least a small lunch break and one or a little 20 minute afternoon break. A lot of times, I just walk around during that break.
ReplyDeleteI think we women seem to really suffer from Imposter Syndrome and don't give ourselves enough credit. I agree with teabagginit in that they hired you for a reason. They are invested in you and they want to see you succeed. You got this! Read through what you wrote in this post about schooling and your career and you will see you really do have this.
ReplyDeleteI started a new challenging position a few weeks ago and I go through moments of doubt too, but I have to review my past and realize what I went through to get to this point. Can be overwhelming but you have your head on straight it sounds like. Sorry to hear about your camera...
Hang in there and keep believing in yourself, lady!
thank you so much for your advice. i'm glad to hear that i'm not the only one who starts spinning into doubt!
DeleteTaking care of yourself can make a big difference in your confidence because you feel good on the inside. It's normal to doubt yourself but he who faces the more adversity will be the most glorious.
ReplyDelete