If you’re just joining me, check out my posts about each day:
Initially, I had agreed to do a cleanse with a couple girls
from the office. I had a hard time believing that I could actually stick to it –
I was really scared that I would fall off the wagon half way through! By the
end of the cleanse, I felt like I could keep going because I wasn’t hungry and I
genuinely felt better overall.
My best advice to you if you’re considering doing a cleanse:
Easing off of a cleanse is important.
The night I finished the cleanse, I had a piece of pizza and a few drinks. I got
so sick, never ever do that! The day after the cleanse, I started the
day with a juice (I actually woke up craving one!), then later had some fruit,
veggies and soup. I found that I got full really quickly.
Even 3 days after I finished the cleanse, I notice my
appetite isn’t as out of control as it was after the holidays. I have lost a
few pounds and I hope they stay off. This week I am planning to stick to a
plant based diet with the occasional protein thrown in there. For example, this
morning I had 2 kiwis for breakfast, a
big salad for lunch with tofu and some cherry tomatoes & cucumber slices
for an afternoon snack. I’d also like to only have 1 cup of coffee today as I found
I didn’t need it like I thought I did
– I just missed the taste & experience of a good cup of coffee.
To find out more about Simplifast, check out their site http://www.simplifast.com/ I recommend
ordering on Amazon or waiting for a deal site to feature the products for a
lower price!
I am interested in
doing another cleanse the last week of January. Do you have any
recommendations?
Isn't it amazing how once your body gets rid of toxins, it is so sensitive to 'regular' food? Well done for getting through... have you read any of Dr Gillian McKeith's books? She's a holistic nutritionist... really into juices + cleansing :)
ReplyDelete