Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My potential new best friend

Look what arrived yesterday!

 After trying out my very first juice cleanse last week and watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead I decided that I needed a juicer. I want to be able to make my own juice cleanses at home, saving myself the upwards of $200 for some branded cleanses. (like Blueprint, Cooler Cleanse, Organic Avenue etc)

I haven’t quite decided my approach yet, but so far I’m thinking juice for breakfast & the occasional dinner sounds doable. Any recommendations?

Tonight I might try out a green juice tonight! Can you recommend any combos?


Thanks Amazon!
I'll let you know how it works out - for now check it out on amazon.com where you can buy one too :)

9 comments:

  1. Oops, I'm not a juice person at all so can't help, but will be interested to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous you got a juicer. I want one but don't have space for it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to watch that movie. It seems to have convinced countless people that juicing is the answer! I'm still not agreeing, but I'd love to see the movie. Enjoy your new best friend! (I have a juicer that I used twice and then got sick of the time it took to assemble, breakdown, clean, and then use again).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say anything without beets because I hate them hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, sorry i'm not a juice person - i need to chew! i do the occasional smoothie in a bowl and love to add frozen pumpkin puree or frozen spinach to cut down on ice but i don't think that counts as juice advice! sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! congratulations on your juicer! i don't have any recommendations, but i recently bought a blender so am taking recommendations for smoothies and puddings! on another note, i haven't yet viewed that film, but i did view the preview at alicia silverstone's blog, and i officially have a big crush on joe. i think that's his name. the australian guy. yes, he is very handsome. and i'm sure he could put up with my eating habits. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have motivated me to dust off my juicer! I mainly used carrots/apples and added spinach, sometimes pineapple and strawberries when we juiced yearsw ago. I love kale so I need to try that. Are you going to make crackers with the pulp?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gena has a recipe for juice pulp crackers http://www.choosingraw.com/got-juice-pulp-or-how-to-make-raw-crackers/

    She has some other good recipes too: http://www.choosingraw.com/recipes/

    ;.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome! I too am doing a cleanse right now which allows for as much juice as I want, and because there's no sugar allowed a vegetable juice tinged with berries or apples has been my sweet treat so I've been heading out to Jugo Juice and Booster Juice as often as I can!

    It's shaping up to be quite an expensive habit so I was looking into a juicer - what I was actually curious about was getting a Vitamix, as I've always wanted one and its website claims you can literally juice whole fruits in it too - does anyone know if this is true?

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.