Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Never say never... Juice Cleanse: Day 1.



Yes, I did write a whole post about how I could never, ever, ever do a cleanse and I thought they were stupid. (See here: To Cleanse, Or Not to Cleanse? )
Yes, I have been known to vow that I love food too much to do a cleanse.
Yes, I have silently ridiculed others for doing cleanses.
Yes, I really do think that some cleanses are stupid.

BUT, today I started the Simplifast Juice Cleanse.

I’m not going to lie – I am doing the cleanse to lose weight and not to “rid my body of toxins” (a common fib). Over the holidays I was a garbage disposal and ate everything I could get my hands on (think chocolate, coffee with Baileys, pizza, Chinese food) . It was like every meal was my last. Shameful. To repent and get myself a little slimmer before my Europe trip I thought this would be a cool thing to try.

I found a deal site voucher where I could get 24 juice shots for $24.99 + $12 shipping. A couple girls from work jumped on the bandwagon so I have some moral support. Basically, you mix 1 shot with 12oz of water and sip 4 servings throughout the day in place of meals, drink at least 48oz of water and eat fresh fruits / vegetables if needed. I am planning on adding some veggies and broth to this to keep me sane.

From their site, some benefits:
Increased Energy
Increased Immunity – right…
Enhanced Liver Function – right…
Reduced Allergy Symptoms – right…
Increased Metabolism
Rapid Weight Loss
Improved Digestive Function
Reduced Joint Aches and Pains
Improved Sleep
Heightened Mental Clarity, Focus, and Memory
Improved Stability of Moods and Balance
Feeling of Calmness and Peace – right…
Reduced Appetite, Food, Alcohol, and Nicotine Cravings (I don’t know about this one – I could use a drink)
3 Delicious Flavors: Lemon Citrus, Orange Pomegranate, Strawberry Mango

So far today I have had the lemon citrus shot and an orange pomegranate. They were lying about the “delicious” part. Bleck.

Learn more here - http://www.simplifast.com

Last night I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and it was pretty motivating. You can watch this for free on Hulu or on Netflicks. I am definitely considering buying a juicer and doing a 10 day green juice cleanse. Have you seen this movie? The total transformation that the both Phil and Joe make was incredible. Watch it.

Each day I’ll update how I’m doing on the cleanse.
So far today:
Energy Level – Normal considering it is my first day back to work after a long break for the holidays. (2 ½ weeks!) I am a bit tired, but I think that is a combination of not being used to waking up to an alarm for weeks and the fact that I haven’t had a cup of coffee, only mint herbal tea.
Exercise – I might go to the gym tonight, but the cleanse recommends only light exercise. Perhaps yoga.
Sleep – We will find out tonight.
Feeling – Tired. I’d like a coffee and a sandwich, please. The weird thing is, I don’t really feel hungry. I kind of just want something real because I am used to it.

Hopefully I can stick to this. Tonight I am planning on having some vegetable broth and maybe a small salad depending on my hunger levels. Wish me luck!

Have you ever done a juice cleanse?

1 comment:

  1. I've never done a juice cleanse, although I'm always intrigued by all of the NYC juice bars. I did do one of Gwenyth Paltrow's cleanses (NOT the master cleanse, which is crazy). You did get to eat (a little). It was hard to stick to, but I did feel fantastic after I finished! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.