Monday, January 23, 2012

New (for me) products from Whole Foods


Honey bbq Smart Wings & Raspberry Chia Kombucha. This was my first time trying both of these products.

Kombucha - liked it. A different but refreshing taste. Lots of fiber in it. I'd totally buy this again.
After reading a bunch of stuff online, I learned that this is a pretty healthy drink. Have you ever tried Kombucha? I find it pretty pricey (almost $4/ bottle) and I’m not sure of the validity of the health benefits, but will definitely pick it up again as an occasional treat!

The smart wings on the other hand… ugh…. I brought these to work today with some frozen green beans. The sauce tasted chemically, kind of like metal and sugar mixed together. Bleck. The actual ‘wings’ were grainy tasting (I microwaved them according to the instructions on the box). Maybe if I pan seared them they would be better? I usually love soy chicken so I was surprised to toss these out half way through.

Have you tried either of these products? What did you think??




3 comments:

  1. I've tried kombucha but it's too expensive for me to drink often. It's an aquired taste for sure. Have not tried the wings but I can't imagine they'd be good (as real wings anyway). Maybe if you baked/fried them yourself and them tossed them in a yummy sauce?

    ;.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a few of the Chia Kombuchas which I think are awesome and I've had the Buffalo smart wings which I thought were meh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just an fyi, i'm pretty sure the chia seeds are what give this all the fiber! i love kombucha, though, fiber or not!

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.