Friday, July 27, 2012

Jenna Lyons & Locanda Verde

Happy Friday!

I took today off of work and have been enjoying every minute - particularly the sleeping until 10 part :)

This week, I went out for a friend's birthday at Locanda Verde. It is a gorgeous, very cool restaurant in Tribeca. The menu was amazing - we shared just about everything: 2 crostinis and 4 antipasti dishes. For my entree, I ordered the sea scallops (my fave!).

We started our meal with a bottle of Prosecco. Right after clinking our glasses, one of my friends noticed that Jenna Lyons (creative director / prez of J Crew) was in the restaurant. Such a cool celeb sighting. I wish I was brave enough to introduce myself! Gotta love New York :)

Check out what we ordered:

Sheep’s Milk Ricotta with sea salt and herbs - this was insane
complimentary foccacia bread for the table with pesto & tomato - soo good
blue crab crostini w/ jalapeno & tomato and the grilled octapus
Roasted Sea Scallops with spring peas, almond gazpacho and pancetta mostarda 
I love restaurants in Tribeca because they're usually simple, clean and have more space than places in my neighborhood.

  
yes, i took a picture of the tap in the bathroom
If you're in the area and are feeling fancy, go!

This weekend, my aunt and uncle are visiting me from Toronto. I'm very excited to see them!

Since I will definitely be skipping the gym this weekend, I plan on taking a total body conditioning class later today. These classes kick my butt - I have a tough time doing strength training and will do more squats than I have all week BUT I can't deny the benefits of dropping it low! Here in the city, its about to thunderstorm. I hope it lightens up before I have to walk to the gym!

Have a good weekend!

9 comments:

  1. My husband loves grilled octopus! Thanks for the nice comments on my blog lately.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delish. I love ricotta ooh and foccacia or I should just say Italian food in general :P Enjoy your time with your aunt and uncle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE JCrew! What a awesome-sounding meal... and super groovy looking restaurant.

    I've just started taking Body Pump classes, they KICK my ASS big time. Does feel good after though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister used to live in Tribeca and she was always telling my how great the restaurants are in that part of NYC. Looks like you enjoyed really good food. Have a good time with your relatives from Toronto xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh great photos :)

    btw. great blog, can we follow each ?
    http://nikonandfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo I've heard about this place! That ricotta looks and sounds soo delicious! I haven't eaten in Tribeca, but I can definitely imagine how you describe the restaurants.

    Have lots of fun with your family :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Squeeee! Three more sleep and I'll be on the plain to NYC! The scallops look marvellous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - what an amazing place. We have zero places like that around here. When my kids get older I must travel and see the world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like some of that ricotta in my belly, please.

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.