My glorious roommate and I decided to take a trip to Coney Island to get out of the unbearable Manhattan heat.
It was a very cool place! Super retro with the old carnival rides and freak shows, famous Nathan's Hot Dogs where they host the annual hot dog eating contest (barf - veggie dog for me plz), a not too shabby beach (meaning cleanish, cold water and cool breezes), and a very long boardwalk! Originally, I had planned on venturing out on the E train all by myself and I'm definitely glad I brought a friend. It turned out to be a slightly sketchy borderline ghetto hood.
Overall, well worth the trip! I'm glad I got to see it at least once while I'm living here.
| arriving off the subway! so happy we made it. |
| Nathan's hot dog - complete with countdown board |
| very cool |
| sideways pic because I felt pretty wacky afterwards |
I love old wooden rides (blush) even more than the ones at Canada's Wonderland! For all you Americans out there - please educate yourself on one of my homeland's treasures - http://www.canadaswonderland.com/
Have you been to Coney Island? Do any crazy areas like this exist where you live?
This is SO Tom Hanks circa BIG!... one of my favourite films!!! (top 25).
ReplyDeleteI haven't been to Coney Island. I need to go next time I'm in NYC!
ReplyDelete