I did.
Me.
I still can’t believe it.
Me.
I still can’t believe it.
It was for an office potluck and
surprisingly, it turned out really pretty. My coworkers accused me of buying it
and pretending to make it.
Lame, right?
I was so impressed with myself that I took a bazillion
pictures to show off my domestic-ness. Unfortunately, I uploaded them
incorrectly and only 1 showed up in my Picassa web album. Darn it! For now,
here is a picture of the final result. I will share more soon!
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie – I used a
premade one by Pillsbury
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
Directions
1. Preheat oven to
425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to
form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil.
Reduce temperature and let simmer.
2. Place the bottom
crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice
work crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly
so that it does not run off.
3. Bake 15 minutes
in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
If you’re new to pies, like I am, I highly recommend
Pillsbury’s pie crusts. Very easy to use & yummy. I learned how to do the
lattice crust from watching this Youtube video.
Tomorrow, pie attempt part #2 for our Canadians in New York
Thanksgiving celebration. This time blueberry. Wish me luck!!
I would like to wish each and every reader a very happy Thanksgiving. I promise to
post my pie pics soon.

That pie looks really professional! I'd pay good money for that one.
ReplyDeleteAwesome job on the pie! Yum!
ReplyDeleteyeaaah! you rock! fab job! and happy thanksgiving! x
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, that looks amazing, you clever thing you! It's so nice when you accomplish something new (and delicious!) Hope you have a great Thanksgiving :)
ReplyDeleteWow that pie came out beautifully! Good job!
ReplyDelete