Monday, November 28, 2011

My 1st American Thanksgiving!


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and that you had a few days off to relax with loved ones!

This past Thursday, I gathered at BF’s house with 11 other Canadians to celebrate Thanksgiving.

mmm jello shots, sriacha & hummus - class for days :)
Each of us made something different & we had TONS of food! I made a blueberry pie and baked maple sweet potatoes with butternut squash. Everything was super yummy! Here are some pics to give you an idea of what we were working with.
my plate - stuffing, sweet potatoes & mashed potatoes.
one of the boys' plates
BF's masterpiece - I didn't have any , but the others enjoyed!
my 2nd pie ever - blueberry

Recipes -
Sweet potatoes: I used a package of precut fresh sweet potatoes from Trader Joes &  added a package of fresh chopped butternut squash too. I added a lot of brown sugar and axed the coconut and pecans. This was even better on the 2nd day.
Blueberry pie:  I ended up using a few too many blueberries & it didn’t really hold together under the crust. It tasted pretty great on top of some ice cream though!


all done! sweet potatoes in the background!
 On Wednesday night, I went to Beauty & Essex for a girlfriend’s birthday. They had delicious food, a beautiful space and incredible cocktails (which were also incredibly strong teehee). This place was a little pricey, but it turned out to be a perfect girls night out spot. In the ladies room, there is a bar where they give you free champagne. Not much else better than that!

How was your Thanksgiving? 

I’m off to clean my apartment as I have some guests coming into town! This will count as my workout (haha).

2 comments:

  1. "this will count as my workout." ~ my favourite quote of the night!
    your blueberry pie looks scrumptious! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks like a lovely Thanksgiving!!:) Your blessed<3

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.