Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!


Yesterday was my birthday! BF took me out for an amazing dinner at Grotto in the Lower East Side (http://nymag.com/listings/restaurant/grotto/ )
The food was incredible. We had a cheese plate (SO GOOD) and bruschetta to start, 2 bottles of red wine (smashed lol), I had a really good seafood salad as my entrĂ©e and then we split a piece of birthday cake 
I’m so lucky!

Every bday I like to make a few goals for the coming year and reflect on the time that has passed since my last birthday.
What have I accomplished over the past year:
·         Made friends in New York
·         Grew a wonderful relationship with BF
·         Did well at work
·         Explored the USA a bit
·         Had fun!

What would I change about the past year:
·         My new life here in New York has caused me to lose the closeness that I once had with my friends at home. I consider them part of my family and still think about them daily BUT the connection has weakened.
·         I wish I didn’t spend so much money
·         I thought I would have moved further in my career

What will I accomplish during the next year:
·         Restore my friendships in Canada to what they once were by making an effort to communicate regularly
·         I will get a promotion at work
·         Work hard and eat healthily so that I can become comfortable (maybe even proud) of the way I look. This means I will stop the unhealthy measures I have been taking that are harmful.
·         Go to yoga every  week to conquer my anxiety and by lower back pain
·         Make new friends
·         Have even more fun
·         TRAVEL

What do I look forward to the most over the next year:
·         Enjoy my last chance to be in my early 20s (25 next year ahh)
·         Creating new memories
·         Spending time with BF
·         Traveling Europe
·         Enjoying work / making money / working towards being  baller (shot caller)

Having my birthday party at Sunburnt Cow tomorrow. I can't wait :)

 Have a great weekend :)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I love your goals. I had the best time in my 20s. Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday, love!!! you're ONLY 24?! your maturity gives a much older impression! i assumed 32 to 35ish! i look forward to celebrating with you over drinks next year! (when i move to ny!). happy birthday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday!
    Traveling to Europe next year?! Sounds like a good time to me! I'd love to join you :)
    I'm with you on the yoga every week. I've been trying to do yoga at least once a week, and so far, so good! I feel great. I love yoga!

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.