Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Breathe. Salad will fix everything.

After my big Thanksgiving weekend, there is one thing I want – SALAD. Eating big meal sized salads for days in a row (at least 1 meal / day), I feel better about terrible eating choices I made on the weekend.

When I make a salad, there are few ingredients I almost always have / change up:

Romaine Lettuce
Cheese (usually goat or Parmesan)
A protein (either fish, nuts tofu, lentils etc)
All of the produce I have available to me
Vinegar! (I LOVE sour salad)
Sea Salt (I LOVE sour + salty salad)
Fresh chopped garlic  (the fighter of wintertime sniffy noses!)

Here a few I’ve had lately:

Roasted Chickpeas w/ parmesan, diced tomatoes & a bit of tofu. Sesame Soy ginger from Trader Joes.
mix with whatever spices you want, and a little olive oil
stir!
spread on a cookie sheet & bake at 400 until they're chewy and crispy. maybe even a little burnt!
  
 Burnt tofu that has been marinated overnight in TJ's Soyaki sauce with goat cheese, little heirloom tomatoes, walnuts, dried cranberries and balsamic vinegar.


And my classic go to - the vinegariest vinegar salad ever. Romaine with lots of white vinegar, 2 pieces of fresh garlic chopped, fresh lemon juice, lots of Parmesan cheese & sea salt. More deets on this guy here Its the Freakin Weekend Baby, I'm About to Have Me Some Fun
 
 
Yummy!

Tonight I am going to meet my wonderful Aunt for dinner. She is in New York visiting me from Toronto. Very exciting!

Later!

5 comments:

  1. this looks so dang good! the chickpeas are calling my name!!! i also love sour and salty salads! bravo on a grand recipe! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those roast chickpeas look amazing. I have never roasted them and now realise I need to! Preferably soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's all I've been craving too. I can't get enough of veggies right now. That salad looks delicious. I suddenly have a craving for roasted chickpeas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love salads. My favorite is romaine, goat cheese, nuts, cherries (fresh!) and pecans with balsamic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A salad like that sure would fix everything! Delicious salad beast!

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.