Monday, September 17, 2012

The vegetarian & the carnivore

Hi!!!

I haven't written a post in a long time but I have been quite busy lately! I've had friends visiting from Canada, busy times at work and lots of social events to attend.

As some of you may know, I don't eat meat while my BF loves it. As a way to show him that I care about him, I love to make him healthy and homey dinners once in a while. Most of the time when we cook together, it ends up being fish or pizza or something else non-meaty. 

I am still new to cooking chicken - since I will never eat it, I only prepare chicken when I'm cooking for someone else. That being said, you should  know that I really hate chicken and everything about it, but I really find it interesting that it is so versatile.

To make a vegetarian meal for me and a chickentarian meal for BF, I picked up:

a couple of chicken breasts, tofu (mine) a jar of pureed basil, roma tomatoes, herb & garlic goat cheese, some quinoa and both green & yellow zucchini. 
oh, and bud light :) 
I put the goat cheese, tomatoes and basil inside the chicken & shoved it closed. Olive oil & more basil on top.
Like my pretty ring? I got it in Prague :)
I cooked this for about an hour in the oven and made the zucchini + quinoa on the stovetop.
BF's plate
my plate. note, goat cheese on zucchini is fantastic
This is my idea of compromise.

Today I got to go to the pilates class at lunchtime near my office & was so happy. I LOVE the instructor and felt soooo good after leaving. Tomorrow, I have signed up for a Soul Cycle class after work. I love Soul Cycle a lot - it kicks my ass.

This coming Wednesday is my company's annual client party and I bought a very tight dress. So obviously I've been cutting calories this week / last week at work and picking up my workouts as much as I have time to do. I'm talking Green Juice for lunch, gallons of water + spinach with beets for lunch, the odd Simplifast here n there. Your tips for slimming down quickly would be greatly appreciated ;)

I need to get to bed early! Night :)

6 comments:

  1. I have to wear a very tight dress this week too! I love how you compromise so everyone's happy. I think for a non-meat eater you did a great job of handling that chicken. And the zucchini with goat's cheese looks amazing - great flavours there xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that's sweet of you to cook meat :) One of the ladies in my old lab used to do the same thing as she was vegetarian but her daughter/ husband aren't. As for slimming down tips... Maybe do some planks for the next few days as it will make your tummy area slimmer looking. Also, don't eat too much voluminous food that day as it'll make your tummy bulge out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh we are in such a similar situation - I always have to cook meat for Viper + Misty.... it's gross but hey - I cook them meat cos I love them ;)

    LOVE your ring, it's gorgeous. I'm kind of addicted to pilates - it's SO hard, you really feel it working!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurrah for relationships that work together and find a balance of interests and loves. Yay for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so want to try Soul Cycle!!! I need to the next time I'm in NYC! My hubby and I are the same way... I make him meat dishes and keep mine veggie or I have fish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is the most amazing workout! (even though I won't be able to walk tomorrow)

      Delete

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.