Hi!
I have been a very bad blogger lately! I haven't posted anything in a long, long time.
Today I came home sick from work as I was feeling super nauseous and dizzy. The subway ride home was pretty brutal but now that I'm cozy and in my bed I'm not feeling as terrible. Yay!
Earlier this summer BF & I traveled to Grand Rapids, MI for my cousin's wedding.
Getting to GRR from NYC was really, really difficult. To make things as infuriating as possible for myself, I decided to make a mistake booking my plane ticket and didn't realize until the night before we were supposed to fly. When I originally 'booked', my ticket was about $200. The only tickets that were available the night before were about $600 and at 6am.
This meant that I would no longer be travelling there with my BF because he properly booked his ticket months earlier (like I thought I did). THEN icing on the cake - I somehow slept through my alarm and missed my 6am flight. I have never done that before and couldn't believe I missed a flight - on top of my inflated ticket price I had to pay a hefty change fee & was super late! Usually when I have something to get up early for, I wake up every hour on the hour before my alarm goes off. Craziness!
Anyhoo, despite the trouble we had getting there I actually did make it. Luckily, the town was very pretty and had a gorgeous beach + pier that BF and I walked along.
So pretty right? Who knew that Michigan had such nice beaches.
It seems like so long ago and this was only August. Does anyone else feel like September just never happened?
Well, I'm going to watch some Workaholics & try to fall asleep. Later :)
Yes, who knew about the beaches in Michigan? I hope you feel better soon! And so sorry to hear about the botched bookings...glad your trip wasn't ruined because of the mishaps!
ReplyDeleteWhen we are being audited at the FAA we have a DER (Designated Engineering Rep) conduct the audit and everytime I hear DER I think about Workaholics.
Hope you feel better! Ooh ouch about the flight, these things happen to everyone once in a while. Michigan beaches look lovely though :)
ReplyDelete