Sunday, June 3, 2012

East Village Saturday

This past Saturday, BF and I decided to enjoy the nice weather by exploring Alphabet City.

He lives in the area and I absolutely love the neighborhood. We picked up lunch, a couple beers and set out for Thompson Square Park for a picnic & quality people watching time!
A little live music makes everything 10x better
Yummy veggie wrap, a pickle and chips! 
Perfect Bud light lime weather!
 After we ate lunch, we were caught a few rays and then decided to explore a street art competition surrounding the park. The participants hung huge canvases on the outer fence and did their thing while spectators watched. Very cool!
 
He was using a zillion different spray paint colors
Holes cut in the fingernails so the trees behind showed through!

Add caption

A nice little getaway without actually leaving :)

How was your weekend?







3 comments:

  1. picnics and people watching in new york... omg, jealous and cannot wait to be there permanently!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun afternoon! I love the art work - and the look of your lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still kind of new to this - can you tell me more about what this involves??

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.