Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Along the Hudson River

I'm lucky to have an office that is a 15 minute walk to the Hudson Pier boardwalk. It's so pretty and is a really interesting place to explore, especially in the summer. This walk is definitely one of the ways that I escape reality during the day. 

Here are a few things I saw at lunch today...
a building on the west side highway
An old body shop by the west side highway
tugboats on Hudson Pier
My dream apartment - right along the water

From a lounge chair on the pier

I brought a notebook to attempt a sketch at the above. no laughing ;)
Cool right? I felt like I took a mini vacation on my lunch break. A bit of fresh salty air and sparkling water will do the trick! I used my new photo editing BFF PicMonkey for these. 

Do you take walks at lunch? 

Where do you escape to?

3 comments:

  1. That is one impressive lunch break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks beautiful! It's so much better to go out for a walk for lunch instead of sitting in a cubical. I used to work at a place on an escarpment with a beautiful view and there'd be nothing more relaxing than eating outside :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you commented on my blog so that I could find yours! All of these photos make me miss NYC so much- I love it there! I'm hoping to plan another trip soon. (:

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.