Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Springing Springity Spring Sprang

Hi There

Happy Wednesday :)

The weather in New York is getting better and better.  We didn't have a real winter (not a problem) and spring is here early! Today is was so warm that all of the patios were full at all the restaurants near my apartment - loved it. 

I stopped by a local produce stand near my place and picked up some goodies. I grabbed 2 boxes of strawberries, 3 red peppers, an avocado, and a bag of romaine  for $7. 

I threw together a little platter for dinner with strawberries, avocado with hot sauce and red peppers to dip in the greatest hummus on earth.

Ridiculously garlicy
To keep my healthy lifestyle "balanced", I poured myself a hefty glass of wine. After a long day at work I absolutely needed this.

It felt good to have a totally raw dinner. I rarely find myself eating entirely raw meals but it definitely left me feeling fresh and healthy :) In an effort to get ready for bikini season, I need eat this type of meal more often!

Today was I crazy busy at work. I've started my new role and it is pretty intense. I really like what I'm doing BUT it is totally different than my previous role. Let's just say it's a steep learning curve and I could use a corporate jet pack to get to the top. I have a lot to learn about being in sales: being bold, aggressive and extroverted is not totally natural for me. Day by day!

How do you get through a steep learning curve? 

What are your favorite raw dinners?

For your Wednesday enjoyment, a photo of Eloise on my messy table.

9 comments:

  1. Oh yeah I love raw dinners (and wine to pair with such raw dinners!) It gets so hot where I live, it's the only way to eat! I love raw vegetable "pasta", big salads, wraps etc... fresh fruit, yummo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with those steep learning curves, I must admit! Day by day is a good approach though - much more manageable that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on approaching the new role with gusto! I've been overtaken by work stress lately, and yes, wine helps :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best way for me to get through a learning curve is to just take it day by day and try to learn as quickly as possible. Soon enough, everything will seem second nature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, we didn't have much of a winter here either, and it's supposed to be 80 this week. SO crazy.
    We don't do a lot of raw dinners, unless it's salad. But even then I tend to add grilled chicken to my salads. I wish I cold do hummus but I cant eat garlic. It's SUCH a bummer!
    Congrats on the new position, by the way. I deal with steep learning curves simply by taking my time to adjust, and knowing that it will probably take a while!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow New York sounds exactly the same as Toronto this year :) We barely had a winter and it's super warm outside right now. Everyone at the university is sitting outside studying :D

    I love going raw for dinner! I'd just have a massive salad with some olive oil/ vinegar/ herbs and then a big platter of fruit, cheese, and nut butters. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh the glory of the new york patio!!! gwendolyn and i will be there very soon at which time we expect to share drinks with you, fashionista fabulosa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww your cat is adorable! and I love the garlic hummus!

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.