Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hey Lady, Eat a Salad!

 Want an excuse to eat cheese? Put some lettuce under it!

Last night I made an outstanding salad that was quick, easy and kept me the right amount of full. After eating this I went to the gym & had heaps of energy - I even resisted the urge to eat something before bed.

How to do this...

crunchy. 
goat cheese glory

 Did you know that goat cheese has more slightly protein, less fat and a bit more calcium compared to cow's? Goat's cheese or Chèvre will add a burst of flavor to any dish. Although hard goat cheese and drunken goat cheese are very good, I prefer the soft varieties. What about you?

Some ways that I like to incorporate this tasty treat into my meals:
  • add to an omlette or on top of your scrambled eggs
  • crumble it on any salad, especially ones that have fruit
  • use it in a veggie wrap to add a bit of protein, calcium & fat
  • spread soft goat cheese on bread / crackers and eat it with jam 
  • slice a heirloom tomato, add dried or fresh basil & some goat cheese.
 Try it out for yourself! Now for a video that I used to watch with friends after the bar in Uni....


5 comments:

  1. That salad looks amazing! :) Why don't I think of eating grapes more often?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, it's kind of like a Wardorf! My FAAAAVORITE salad (though I hold the celery).

    Goat cheese is da bomb. Especially this raw goat cheese I've had at Whole Foods. Oh oh, at TJ's there's an amazing, sweet cheese -- it's a stilton with mango bits. Delish. I freakin' love cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I freaking LOVE goat's cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! Grapes are a favorite food of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. drooling as I'm reading the recipe. must try soon! Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.