Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Trip to Cape Coral, FL & Stepping it up

Not too long ago, I was lucky enough to visit my aunt and uncle at their winter home in Florida.

 This was a well needed escape from the gloomy New York weather. It has been pretty warm here lately so I'd like to think that I brought the sunshine with me :)

Stone crab, fries with malt vinegar and coleslaw - amazeeeeeey
pretty view crossing the bridge to Fort Myers
their pretty pool. i spent the majority of my time here :)
 If you live somewhere warm, you should know that I am very jealous. I grew up in Canada and now I live in New York BUT I do not like the winter weather. Le sigh*

I recently found out I'll be going on a company trip to the Dominican Republic in May. That's right - I'll be in my bathing suit in front of co-workers. This gives me a tremendous amount of anxiety. Needless to say, I've been upping my exercise regime and trying to cut calories and carbs as much as I can. Here is what I've been doing lately to kick things off:
  • Friday 2/24 - the hardest pilates class I have ever taken.
  • Saturday 2/25 - walked 38 blocks and stayed in (aka, didn't drink)
  • Monday 2/27 - the 2nd hardest pilates class I have ever taken
  • Tuesday 2/28 - Astanga Yoga with many sun salutations and muchos warrior series
  • Tomorrow, 2/29 - Soulcycle spinning in Tribeca. Have you done this? It's like spinning on crack. Can't wait :)
Any tips for kicking it (your body) into gear for a deadline?

4 comments:

  1. Ha, spinning on crack, you crack me up. Eat HEAPS of fruit and veggies, tons of water... cut processed/artificial crap and keep exercising as you are... fibre/fluid/movement = awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best tip is to train for something! I am getting married in September and I plan to train for a triathlon in July, to force myself to get in shape.
    How cool that you get to go to the Dominican Republic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We lived in FL for most of my marriage and I miss it so much! The sun, the beach, and all. As far as training goes, I'd focus on fueling your body with the healthiest foods possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. intense vinyasa flow. it'll keep your body tight, your mind tight, and your heart happy. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.