Monday, December 12, 2011

Hello Brooklyn! How you doin?


Hi Everyone!

Happy Monday. I hope you had a lovely weekend. It was pretty cold here in the city, but that didn’t stop BF & I from going for a nice 1 year anniversary walk around Brooklyn. We took the subway across to Brooklyn Heights, got coffees, stopped at a diner and then walked back over the Brooklyn Bridge. 
fruity streets!
Brooklyn Heights was surprisingly lovely & felt like the ritzy part of Toronto called Rosedale. It was really nice to get out of Manhattan and check out something new. I’m so lucky to have had this past year with BF. Hopefully the next year will be even better.
sorry for the blurry pics - i just had my blackberry :)
check out the new freedom tower - it's going to be BIG!
 

DID YOU KNOW THAT:

The Brooklyn Bridge is one of the oldest suspension bridges in the United States. Completed in 1883, it connects the New York City boroughs of Manhattan  and Brooklyn  by spanning the East River. With a main span of 1,595.5 feet (486.3 m), it was the longest suspension bridge in the world from its opening until 1903, and the first steel-wire suspension bridge.
In 2006, a Cold War era bunker was found by city workers near the East River shoreline of Manhattan's Lower East Side. The bunker, hidden within the masonry anchorage, still contained the emergency supplies that were being stored for a potential nuclear attack by the Soviet Union (thanks wikipedia)

Even though I’ve lived in the city for over a year & a half, I’ve never actually walked across this very old bridge. (to be honest I kept thinking about Sex & the City when Miranda and Steve meet half way, geek à I know) Walking back towards Manhattan, I kept thinking that I can’t believe how HUGE the city is.

Buildings, buildings, buildings. It’s crazy – no wonder I feel so overwhelmed sometimes.
I’ll share more pics later! 

How was your weekend? 

Listen to this:

4 comments:

  1. This was like a travel tour for free :) It looks like a great day...I'm rather wishing I could take a stroll over the Brooklyn Bridge right now myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO ROMANTIC!!! <3
    before you mentioned miranda and steve, i was planning for THAT to be my comment! HAHA! thanks for stealing my interesting tidbit! ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be scared of bridges. Now, I think they're beautiful. Sounds like a lovely, romantic day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, just makes me want to visit NY so badly!! Looks amazing, great photos... what a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.